Monday, April 12, 2010

My Primary Role

Since being down here in Jacó, the Lord is constantly teaching me things about myself and areas that I need to grown in. Some of it has been wonderful and some of it has been downright hard! But I am so thankful that God cares enough about me to be involved in every detail of my life, pruning me to grow more and more like Him. It is a beautiful thing! I was reading and journaling the other day and God spoke to me so clearly about something. I found such freedom in it as a wife and mother and wanted to share it with you. Being down here, (just like being anywhere, really) there is an abundance of needs and many of them are knocking on our doors daily. Sometimes when I am praying in the mornings I find my mind racing as I think about this need or that person who needs this or this person who is in that tough situation, etc. I get worked up at times and want to be able to be used to meet every need immediately and it gets overwhelming. Well, the Lord reminded me so clearly the other day of my primary role on this earth at this moment--first as a wife, next as a mother and last as friend/confidant/mentor/etc to others. It was so freeing for me as I began to remind myself that I am called to respect my husband according to Ephesians 5 and I began to write practical ways to do that on a daily basis. I then began to write out ways to bring my children up in the training and instruction of the Lord (without exasperating them :)--Eph.5) and how I am to practically do that. It was as if I was freed from the pressure of HAVING to try and meet EVERY need every day outside of my home when my home should come first. He also spoke to me clearly and reminded me to have fun--find joy in every moment with my 3 crazy boys...time flies!! And as I have been more intentionally focused on my primary role as wife and mother, God is still bringing others in need to our home daily and he is equipping me daily to meet those needs. It is beautiful! I love our precious Lord and how He guides and directs us as He sees fit---all we have to do is stop and listen...

He gave me this verse that day: 1 Thess. 5:16-18 "Be joyful always, pray continually, give thanks in all circumstances; For this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus." I am striving for these three things on a daily basis and I invite you to as well!

My First Ministry (pictured below)



1 comment:

Mari said...

I love this post!!!!! MISS YOU!