Wednesday, May 16, 2012

God Supplies (in abundance!)


Some of you may have heard I had some tools stolen once again.  This time it was different because I actually knew the guy.  We had gotten to know him and his wife really well.  We had them over multiple times for dinner and had helped them on many occasions.  I have loaned him tools from time to time for different jobs he had.  A couple of months ago he needed to borrow my drill but without us knowing he also took my skill saw.  After looking everywhere for my saw, I decided to check with him and see if maybe he had it.  That is when we learned from a friend that he had moved back to Nicaragua and had sold the tools to fund his trip.

As you can imagine I was hurt and upset.  I was hurt that he would take advantage of us like that and upset because I needed those tools.  I use them often both around the house and helping people in the community.  While we were in The States someone gave us some money to replace my skill saw.  However, the very next day we had to take all three boys to the doctor unexpectedly and the bill was almost exactly what we had been given the day before.  So, the tools had to wait.

This week I received a call from a friend.  He and his wife stayed here in Jaco for 3 months and attended our church.  They knew about the tools being stolen so because his wife was returning here to San Jose for dental work, he decided to send tools down with her for me.  50 pounds of tools to be exact.  Not just a drill and a skill saw, but a jig saw, router, wrenches, socket sets, etc.  I was blown away at his generosity and God's provision.  God did not just meet a need, He met it in abundance.

"My God shall supply ALL of your needs, according to His glorious riches in Christ Jesus."  Philippians 4:19


No comments: