Friday, November 2, 2012

Halloween Outreach

On Wednesday night, a group of us hit the streets to minister to people who were out and about in central Jaco .  Here in Jaco, there is not much good that happens on Halloween due to the influence of satanic activity, the heightened practice of witchcraft this night, and the prostitutes decked out in full costume roaming the streets and soliciting customers.  We felt this year that the Lord was saying to go out and be "light" in the darkness so that is what we did.  We bought flashlights and printed on them "Jesus is the light" in English and Spanish and then went evangelizing in the streets.  We had some really great conversations with people, one in particular with a "woman of the night" named Maria (not real name).  As I began to speak with her she immediately said to me "Why am I wearing this?  What am I doing?" as if she had been awakened instantly from a bad dream.  She told me that she felt in her heart earlier that day that something was telling her not to dress up and go work but she did anyway.  She then began to ask me if God was mad at her.  I told her over and over how beautiful she was, how much God loved her and has a wonderful plan for her life....how He is not mad at her but His heart really hurts for her.  It was an amazing time with her and I truly feel like the Holy Spirit was speaking to her through me.  I prayed for her and because she lives here in town we agreed to meet up again.  I know that God's Word penetrated her heart this night and if she was the only reason I was out that night, it was all worth it.  Please pray for her and all of the others we were able to minister to that night!  Jesus truly is the light of the world and we are called to be that as well!

No comments: