Thursday, December 6, 2012

Miracles are Happening!!

For a while now the Lord has been speaking to us about the power of the Holy Spirit in our lives and how He desires that we depend on Him for all things, greater things---even miracles.  About 2 months ago, I was stopped in the middle of the road in INVU by the mom of a girl in youth group.  She was telling me about how her sister's health had gotten progressively worse over the past few weeks and how she had just received a call that they were to meet with the doctor on Monday to hear a prognosis from exams done.  (A few months before this, Mariela (26 yrs old), this lady's sister, had her appendix removed; developed an infection; was told her body was full of a bacteria that they did not have treatment for in Costa Rica; then told that she needed to be at the doctor Monday morning for the results of his testing.)  Her sister kept telling me that Mariela was in the same condition as her mother was when she died of rectal cancer.  She didn't want to scare her because she was too young to remember but Adriana remembered all too well.  She began crying because she just knew that this is what her sister had.  I stopped her and we began to pray for Mariela and as we were finished Adriana told me she would call me after the doctor's appt on Monday.  Monday and Tuesday came and went and I heard nothing.  I really thought that Mariela was either hospitalized or dead.  I called Adriana on Wednesday morning and she said to me, "You will not believe this but we went to the doctor on Monday (4 days after we prayed) and he did one more test and they did not find one thing.  In fact, Mariela feels great and she is back at work today (she had been out of work for 4 months).  WHAT??? I just about fell on the floor.  I kept saying, "God healed her, this is a miracle!!" to which Adriana said she knew that God healed her through our prayers.  To see Mariela on the couch a few days before and to see her that week was a MIRACLE!  God did it--He healed her!!  John 4:48 "Unless you people see miraculous signs and wonders, you will never believe."  Both of these ladies' faith was strengthened and they are coming to a deeper understanding of who Jesus is.  Even more, God really used this to show us on a deeper level what He wants to do here in Jaco to bring glory to Himself.

So, three weeks ago a friend, Johana, came to Daniel and me at Kids Club and asked for prayer.  She has a problem with her right eye and it was at the point where she had gone blind in it and was seeing fuzzy out of the left eye, even with glasses on.  A group of us laid hands on her after Kids Club and she began to cry.  A week or so ago, she approaches me saying, "Guess what?  I can see!  My eye is healed and look (she took off her glasses) I don't even need my glasses anymore for the other eye. My blind eye is healed!!  God healed me through yall's prayers for me!"  This was pretty amazing for all of us as I was in awe of what God had done.  Her faith and all of ours was strengthened so much through this and she told me "Sarah, I need to testify to everyone what the Lord has done for me!"  Praise the Lord!!  

This is Johana, modeling our new bags we made at Bible Study one day.  She is healed!!
God tells us in His word to have faith and believe---that if we have faith as small as a mustard seed, we can move mountains--that nothing will be impossible for us as Christians.  This is the power of the Holy Spirit in us and working through us!  May we always be surrendered to His Spirit as He accomplishes the work here in Jaco that He has planned!  Wow--He is amazing!


2 comments:

misty said...

what encouraging sweet words!
i bet it is pretty amazing seeing it all first hand :)
i pray for more miracles just like the last few. God is really at work in y'all's ministry.
hope & blessings to your sweet family!

Dwayne Spearman said...

That is awesome and encouraging!