Sunday, May 18, 2014

Serving with youth

I NEVER get tired of seeing our Youth step out and serve and yesterday was no exception!!  Yesterday after doing Kids Club in Jaco, we went to Esterillos (town 30 minutes south of us) to do a once a month Kids Club there.  This is a chance for the Youth to step up and serve.  I took 8 Youth with me and I was so blessed to sit back and watch as they led games;  included kids who were too shy to participate on their own;  helped the children as they made their crafts, served them cookies and juice;  clapped for them when they answered a question correctly;  encouraged them when they doubted their abilities;  etc, etc, etc....I was just so blessed to see how far they have come--shifting from wanting to be served to serving others.  I took a few pictures to capture the moment as I thought about where they were just a year ago.  I couldn't stop smiling as we sang songs at the top of our lungs all the way back to Jaco, joyful for having served the "least of these".  What an honor and a privilege it is to serve the Lord--and to teach the next generation this and to see them "get it" has been most rewarding...."the Son of God did not come to be served but to serve, and give His life as a ransom for many..."


No comments: