Sunday, January 25, 2009

Mirrors

Friday morning I was studying in 2 Corinthians 3 and verses 16-18 really spoke to my heart.  It says, "But whenever anyone turns to the Lord, the veil is taken away.  Now the Lord is the Spirit and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom.  And we, who with unveiled faces all reflect the Lord's glory, are being transformed into His likeness with ever-increasing glory, which comes from the Lord, who is the Spirit."  What powerful Words from the Lord and His desire for us to be always reflecting His glory, His love, His grace if we have been transformed by His love and have accepted Him as Lord of our lives.  I then read In Oswald Chambers the following powerful words "The outstanding characteristic of a Christian is the unveiled frankness before God so that the life becomes a mirror for others.  By being filled with the Spirit, we are TRANSFORMED, and by beholding we become mirrors.  You always know when a man has been beholding the glory of the Lord;  you feel in your inner spirit that he is the mirror of the Lord's own character.  Beware of anything that would cloud that mirror in you, it is nearly always a good thing that clouds, the good that is not the best.  The golden rule for our lives is to keep the life open towards God.  Let everything else--work, food, clothing, everything on earth--go by the wayside, saving that one thing.  The rush of the "other thing" always tends to obscure this concentration on God.  We have to maintain ourselves in His place--keeping the life absolutely spiritual all through.  Let the other things come and go as they may, let other people criticize as they will, but NEVER allow ANYTHING to obscure your life that is hid with Christ in God.  NEVER be hurried out of the relationship of abiding in Him.  It is one thing that is apt to fluctuate but it ought not to.  The #1 discipline of a Christian's life is to learn how to "Keep reflecting as in a mirror the glory of God."  

Wow---what a challenge for me.  Am I truly reflecting the Lord's glory and grace and peace and love to my family, to the local Costa Ricans I meet daily, to my professors, to my neighbors, to my friends?  My desire is nothing more than to kneel before my Lord, my Creator as a mirror that He may reflect His glory through me each day.  And for those who still have the veil covering their spiritual eyes, as we reflect God's love and glory we may be the very tool God uses to remove that veil--what an honor to be used by God!  What freedom there is in Christ!  I challenge you as I challenge myself to focus this week on reflecting Christ Himself in all you do...be blessed! 

1 comment:

step885 said...

This is a challenge we all take too lightly, including me...How often I may treat my husband in less than the way God would, or a co-worker, or anyone. It's easy to let our guard down and let it all hang out. Thank you, I enjoyed reading this!